Air fryer chicken recipes (no breading) happens to be some of our favorites because of the minimal effort needed to deliver maximum flavor. Air fried chicken can come in two broad varieties; with breading and with no breading.
You are in good hands if you are looking for the later cos that’s what today’s round up of chicken recipes is all about, Air fryer chicken with no breading. From chicken breasts to thighs, drumsticks and wings, these are juicy and tender and made with the simplest of ingredients which you most likely have in your pantry.
Benefits of Air fryer Chicken Recipes (no breading)
- These chicken recipes are very easy to make with most getting ready in less than 25 mins.
- Chicken with no breading can fit into most meat friendly diets like Whole 30, Paleo, Keto, Low carb and even gluten free.
- Chicken in always a welcome family friendly dish.
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Chicken Seasoning blend: Either individual seasoning or a blend
How do you make chicken recipes with no breading?
Chicken recipes that require no breading are usually the easiest recipes to make. What you need is your favorite chicken seasoning to use as a dry rub or marinade.
Toss chicken in it and cook immediately or marinate for a few minutes to hours. Voila! You’ve got yourself a perfectly cooked chicken with no breading. Chicken is not considered fully cooked or safe to eat until the internal temperature as read by the instant read thermometer reads 165°F / 74°C
The best Air fryer Chicken recipes with no breading
Here are some of our chicken recipes that have no breading. These recipes are mostly quick and easy! Thanks to the air fryer. Yum
Chicken Drumsticks (no breading)
Chicken breasts with no breading
Chicken wings (no breading)
How to store and reheat
Chicken is great for make ahead meals for the week since it keeps well. Ensure the chicken cools completely before storing. Store cooked chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- In the refrigerator: Let the chicken cool completely before storing in the air tight container. It would keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing: Follow same cooling direction above. Freeze in an airtight container or ziplock bag. It would keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
The good thing about air fryer chicken recipes with no breading is that you don’t run the risk of the meat getting soggy if reheated in the microwave. Meaning you can reheat these anyway you like. You could microwave on high at 20 secs intervals till warmed through or air fry at 350°F / 180°C for up to 5 mins or till warmed through.
Air fryer Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer because it heats up pretty fast. However, if you do, keep a close eye on the chicken because it will cook in less time than stated in most of the recipes here.
- Invest in a meat thermometer if you don’t have one. It helps you cook chicken up to the right and safe temperature that’s safe without second guessing yourself. If you don’t have one just yet, cut through the chicken if the juices run chest and there’s no trace of blood then it’s fully cooked.
Can you cook raw chicken in the air fryer?
Definitely, the air fryer is like a mini convention oven. It cooks chicken from raw to perfection. All of these chicken recipes with no breading are cooked from raw.
More recipe round ups and air fryer resources
Did you find this collection helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow AirFryerYum on Pinterest for more delicious air fryer recipes!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.