Did you know you could cook frozen bacon in the air fryer? Perhaps you did or you didn’t. Whatever the case, You need to know this hack of cooking frozen bacon in the air fryer. No need to thaw in the microwave anymore. It defrosts nicely and cooks up crispy.
Why cook frozen bacon in the air fryer?
Cooking frozen bacon in air fryer machines is way less complicated than you might think and gets bacon crispy and delicious without all the mess.
The air fryer tends to cook frozen foods very well and has never disappointed me. Some times I forget to pull out frozen meats from the freezer in time for dinner and my air fryer has always saved the day.
From frozen chicken wings to frozen chicken breasts and thighs, I have always had a great experience cooking food from frozen in the air fryer.
It’s no wonder I thought to cook frozen bacon in air fryer the day I needed to make some air fryer bacon wrapped mozzarella cheese and of course I forgot to get the bacon out of the freezer to thaw overnight in the fridge.
We love to cook frozen bacon in the air fryer and here’s why!
Sometimes a quick fix can be good thing. I love this method of cooking bacon because of its flexibility. We can decide to make anything bacon whenever and not worry that we forgot to pull it out of the freezer.
TBH the fact that I can cook frozen bacon in my air fryer has spoilt me into not worrying about bacon breakfasts or any bacon related recipe. Yay!!
What you’ll need
So what do we need to make this Cosori air fryer bacon recipe? That’s what it right? Well all you need is right below.
- More Bacon
- Some more bacon ( You get it right?)
- Kitchen tongs
- Cosori air fryer. Whichever air fryer you have is fine. I do this in my Gourmia air fryer too.
How to cook frozen bacon in the air fryer.
Defrost in the air fryer
First put frozen bacon in the air fryer. Set temperature to 350°F / 177°C for 5 minutes. Flip the bacon to the other side at 3 mins. When the 5 mins is up, the bacon should be defrosted. Separate bacon in half, Set one half aside.
Cooking the bacon
Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and cook the second half for 8-10 mins or to your desired level of crispness. You can cook the reserved batch or store in the refrigerator for later. Be sure to use within 5 days.
Tips for success
- During the defrosting stage, don’t be tempted to cook at 400°F / 205°C. It would lead to over cooked edges.
- Do not attempt to defrost more than one pound of bacon at a time in the air fryer.
- After the defrost stage, separate the bacon slices and cook in batches.
- When cooking the bacon after thawing, cook for 8 -10 mins or until the bacon gets to your desired crispness.
Frequently asked questions
Can you eat bacon that has been frozen?
If bacon has been thawed and refrigerated, it’s best to eat it within 5 days. Frozen bacon is safe to eat if stored properly.
Do you defrost bacon before cooking?
You don’t need to defrost bacon before cooking.
How long can bacon last frozen?
Unopened bacon can stay in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Unopened bacon can stay frozen for up to 8 months. Open and uncooked bacon can stay up to a week in the refrigerator and 6 months in the freezer.
Would this hack work for thick cut bacon?
Yes it would, the only difference would be that you would need to cook for 2-3 minutes longer during the cooking stage. The defrost stage timing stays the same.
More Air fryer bacon recipes
- Bacon wrapped shrimps
- Air fryer bacon twists
- Bacon wrapped corn on the cob
- Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes
- Bacon wrapped radishes
Other air fryer frozen foods
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- Frozen meatballs in air fryer
- Air fryer frozen cream filled churros
- Frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer
- Air fryer frozen burgers
- Frozen corn dogs in the air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer frozen foods! You’d be glad you did.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
How to cook frozen bacon in air fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 lb Frozen bacon
Defrost bacon in air fryer
- Place frozen bacon in the air fryer basket set temperature to 350°F /177°C and timer to 5 mins.
- Air fry for 3 mins then flip over bacon with kitchen tongs. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Separate air fryer thawed bacon
- Separated the bacon strips using the kitchen tongs (please watch video for guidance)
- Divide thawed bacon strips into two. This will enable you cook in batches.
Cook the thawed bacon
- Place first batch of bacon strips in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and air fry for 8 to 10 min or until your desired level of crispness. Flip half way through cook time.
- Repeat for second batch.
- Bacon crispy some more as it cools.
- Air fryer temperatures and times may differ depending on manufacturer be sure to read your manual.
- I do not preheat my air fryer. However when cooking another batch right after the first I start checking the bacon at 7 mins since the air fryer is now preheated.
- During the thawing / defrost stage don’t be tempted to cook at 400°F it will make the edges get overcooked.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.