Frozen chicken nuggets are a perfect snack for kids when you don’t have enough time on hand to make it from scratch. The exterior of these Dino nuggets crisp up perfectly in the air fryer. No more soggy s and the different shapes and sizes of the dinosaurs make it an easy choice for picky eaters.
Frozen Dinosaur Chicken nuggets in the Air fryer.
We put these Dino nuggets on a rotation with the regular chicken nuggets because we love to mix things up so no one gets bored at meal time. My 5 year is a picky eater and easily gets bored with food. These dinosaur shaped nuggets are one of the ways we get her to eat nuggets.
Air fryer chicken nuggets are better than reheating in the microwave and takes less time than making it in the oven. When you try making it in the air fryer, you won’t be making it any other way.
Why reheating frozen chicken nuggets in air fryer is so good
There are many ways to reheat Dino nuggets. The air fryer is just one of them. You can reheat in the microwave, oven or deep fryer. However my favorite way is by far the air fryer and for good reason.
- It crisps up nicely. No more soggy chicken nuggets which is what you get in the microwave.
- Saves you time. The oven may give the same results with the air fryer but not in the same time. The oven tends to cook at a higher temp in additional 2-3 minutes.
- Reheating by the deep fry method means additional calories. Most frozen chicken nugget brands are already cooked but need to reheated. Which means they have been deep fried. Reheating with this method adds more oil to the Nuggets.
Dino Nuggets brands
- Yummy Dino buddies (regular and whole wheat) They also have the vegan version.
- Perdue farms
- Tyson fully cooked fun nuggets
- John Soules foods brand
- Golden platter foods gluten free nuggets
- Wellshire Chicken Dino bites
What you need (ingredients + tools)
- Your favorite brand of Dino nuggets
- Dipping sauce ( Ketchup, barbecue sauce or fry sauce)
- Air fryer
- Kitchen tongs
How to make fun shaped chicken nuggets in the air fryer.
Place the chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket. No need to spray the basket or nuggets with oil.
Set the temperature to 400°F / 204°C and air fry for 8 to 10 mins
How long do you cook Dino chicken nuggets in the air fryer
These Dino chicken nuggets are flatter than regular chicken nuggets therefore they tend to cook faster by about 2 minutes.
I air fry the frozen regular nuggets for 10 to 12 mins while this cooks for 8 to 10 mins.
How do you serve it
Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce along side some fries make a complete meal. This is how my kids love to enjoy it while trying to figure out the dinosaur they just had.
Best sides for chicken nuggets
Besides fries, chicken Nuggets can be served with whatever side you like. Simply treat it as a protein source and build on that. You can serve with the following
- Potato wedges
- Cubed potatoes
- Cauliflower steak
- Air fryer Broccoli
- Sautéed veggies
- Glazed carrots and lots more
- No need to preheat the air fryer. However subsequent batches may cook a minute faster since the air fryer got preheated while cooking the first batch
- Cook from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Do not overcrowd the basket and remember to shake the basket or flip the nuggets half way through cooking time.
Your Frequently Asked Questions answered.
Why are Dino chicken nuggets so good?
These taste amazing and are well loved by kids and adults alike. The fun shapes also make these appealing to the eyes.
Are dino nuggets real chicken, what are they made of?
According to the packaging, they are made from real chicken. Specifically from boneless, skinless chicken breasts with some rib meat. However the plant based variety is made from soy protein concentrate and other things.
Are Costco Dinosaur nuggets healthy?
These nuggets are said to be healthy. They are made from boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are free from antibiotics and hormones. No preservatives or artificial ingredients added. Should you eat it everyday? No, I don’t think so. Everything should be done in moderation.
Other Minimal Prep Air fryer recipes
- Air fryer frozen French fries
- Mozzarella sticks
- Frozen sweet potato fries
- All our air fryer frozen foods live here
More kid friendly recipes
- Air fryer Bacon twists
- Fried Oreos
- Air fryer corn dogs
- Ham fried rice
- Grilled Peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the air fryer
- Air fryer sweet potato fries from scratch.
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy emails and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Are you a Dino nuggets fan? I found these merch that might interest you.
Love it? Pin it!
Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- Air fryer
- 20 pieces frozen dino nuggets
- ¼ cup ketchup, barbecue sauce, fry sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Place frozen nuggets in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C and bake for 8 to 10 mins. Shake basket or flip nuggets half way through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air fryers cook differently based on manufacturer or wattage. Be sure to read your manual and don't be afraid to check often while cooking if it's your first time using your gadget.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Be sure to flip the nuggets or shake the basket half way through the cooking time.
- No need to spray oil. The nuggets will still crisp up because they are precooked nuggets.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please note that nutritional data on this website should be considered estimates and used as a guide only. Under no circumstances will www.AirFryerYum.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this nutritional information. You are encouraged to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands you are using to get the most accurate information for each recipe.