An easy air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers recipe that’s sure to please any crowd! The air fryer shines through with appetizers and especially when you make these in it.
Making bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers in the air fryer is a game changer because you can make as little or as few as you’d like in less time than it will take you to make it any other way.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers (Air fryer recipe)
- 2 Air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño with cream cheese are
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Tools used in this recipe
- 5 How to make bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers in an air fryer
- 6 What to serve with bacon wrapped jalapeños
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer bacon appetizers recipes
- 11 Air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers
Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers (Air fryer recipe)
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are a popular appetizer or snack that consists of jalapeno peppers that have been stuffed with a variety of fillings (such as cream cheese or cheddar cheese) and then wrapped in bacon.
The filled and wrapped jalapenos are then baked or grilled until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is warm and bubbly. These appetizers are known for their spicy and savory flavor, and are a popular choice for parties and gatherings.
These air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are simply the best cos it’s quick and easy to make with no need to turn on the oven.
Air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño with cream cheese are
- A tasty and spicy appetizer: Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are a delicious combination of spicy jalapeno peppers and savory bacon. The combination of flavors is sure to be a hit with any spicy food lover!.
- Easy to make: Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are easy to make and require minimal prep time. Simply slice the jalapenos in half, remove the seeds and stuff them with your favorite filling (such as cream cheese or cheddar cheese). Then wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon and bake until the bacon is crispy.
- A Great party food option: these are easy to pick up and eat, and can be prepped ahead of time, they make for a great option for party food. Simply prepare the poppers in advance and then bake them just before serving.
- Versatile and adaptable: these poppers can be filled with a variety of different fillings to suit your taste. Some popular options besides cream cheese are cheddar cheese, and cooked ground meat.
- A crowd-pleaser: Whether you're hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, these poppers are sure to be a hit with your family and friends
- Bacon (not thick cut)
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Garlic powder or onion powder
Tools used in this recipe
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Redand White (my favorite)
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Spoon (to scoop out the peppers)
- Gloves (optional)
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Mixing bowl
How to make bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers in an air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Set aside and proceed to cu each slice of bacon in half.
Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Stuff each jalapeno pepper half with the cheese mixture.
Wrap each stuffed jalapeno pepper half with a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick (optional)
Place the bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers in the air fryer basket or tray seam side down, set temp to 400°F /200°C and air fry for 10 to 12 mins or until bacon is cooked through and crispy. Remove toothpicks before serving.
What to serve with bacon wrapped jalapeños
If you want to convert this amazing air fryer appetizer to a side dish, you’d be excited to hear that these air fried bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers can be served with rice, fries, mini hassleback potatoes and lots more.
And you are leaning towards a Mexican inspired dish, this Sheet pan nachos is our family’s current favorite to serve along side these.
How to store and reheat
Air fryer Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to be reheated. To store in the refrigerator, let the poppers cool completely, then transfer into an airtight container and store for up to 3 days.
To store in the freezer, wrap the poppers in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and then place them in a freezer bag. They will keep for up to a month in the freezer.
A quick note: while cooked poppers can be stored and reheated, I would rather prepare these ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator for when I am ready to bake them because cooked poppers means the peppers are already softened and will get mushy when frozen and reheated.
If you must store, here’s how to reheat
Reheat poppers in air fryer at 400°F / 200°C for 5 to 6 mins or until warmed through.
In the oven, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove the poppers from the refrigerator or freezer and unwrap them. Place the poppers on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are hot and the bacon is crispy.
Alternatively, you can microwave the poppers in 30-second intervals until they are hot. Just be careful not to overcook them, as the bacon can become tough if reheated for too long.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer.
- Buy firm jalapeños while at it, try and choose similar sized ones so that they cook evenly.
- I don’t recommend thick cut bacon for this recipe.
- Use gloves to avoid getting hot hands from the heat in the jalapeños
- When cutting the jalapeño try to slice evenly through the stem so that each half would have a stem people can to hold onto eating.
In this section we try to answer possibly questions that will help you get the recipe right or any commonly commonly asked questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment and we’ll gladly answer them
These are best eaten immediately, cooked jalapeño poppers when stored properly would last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Like I mentioned in the how to store section, it’s best to freeze uncooked poppers. Fill them, wrap them and then freeze on a baking sheet till frozen then transfer to ziplock bags and freeze for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to use, simply transferred frozen poppers to the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 mins or until bacon is cooked through and crispy.
For a less fatty alternative, yes you can use turkey or chicken bacon. You need to secure the poppers with toothpicks.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers
- Air fryer
- 12 Medium jalapeno peppers (Washed)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder (substitute with onion powder)
- 12 Strips bacon (each cut into halves)
Prepare the peppers
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, use a spoon to remove the seeds and membrane. Leave that stem intact. Set peppers aside.
Prepare the filling
- Mix the cream cheese and the shredded cheddar cheese and garlic powder.
Assemble the poppers
- Fill each pepper with the cheese mixture. Repeat process till all the peppers are stuffed with cheese.
- Wrap each popper with bacon then transfer to the air fryer basket or tray.
- Set temp to 380°F / 180°C, then air fry for 10 to 12 mins or until bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- This was made in a non preheated air fryer. If you preheat, expect this to cook faster. Start checking a couple of minutes earlier.
- Do not use thick cut bacon for this recipe.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.