Air fryer pork chops with no breading is a healthy and great dinner idea for when you want to enjoy a tasty low carb meal. I love that there are a variety of sides to pair them with.
Whether you are making this recipe with bone-in or boneless pork chops, you’ll get juicy tender meat that’s packed full of flavor in the air fryer in less time than it will take you to preheat you oven to bake them.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer pork chops recipe with no breading
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 4 How long to cook pork chops in the air fryer
- 5 How to make air fryer pork chops with no breading.
- 6 Wondering how to serve? Here are some sides for pork chops
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer recipes
- 11 Air fryer pork chops no breading
Air fryer pork chops recipe with no breading
Pork chops are a classic dinner dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. But have you tried air frying them without breading? Cooking it in the air fryer is perfect for a healthier and quicker version of this savory dish.
Seasoned to perfection with a homemade pork seasoning blend, you’ll find that this recipe will be on a weekly rotation in no time. Let me show you how to make juicy pork chops in the air fryer in super easy steps.
Related: Air fryer pork steaks, air fryer pork bites
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Air frying pork chops without breading is a healthier alternative to frying with traditional oil and breadcrumbs.
- Using an air fryer results in a perfectly cooked pork chop with a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
- This recipe is quick, easy to make and saves you time. No need for a breading station making it a perfect busy weeknight dinner idea.
- Pork chops are a versatile protein that can be paired with a variety of sides and seasonings to create a unique and flavorful meal.
- Air frying pork chops without breading allows the natural flavors of the pork to shine through.
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Pork chops
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How long to cook pork chops in the air fryer
The cooking time for air fryer pork chops can vary based on the thickness of the pork chops and the model of air fryer you're using. Pork chops typically get cooked without preheating my air fryer at 400°F for 12 to 14 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
However, to ensure that your pork chops are cooked to a safe internal temperature, it's important to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
If your pork chops are thicker than 1 to 1 ½ inches you may need to cook them for a few minutes longer and it's important to keep an eye on them as they cook and adjust cooking time as needed.
How to make air fryer pork chops with no breading.
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Pat pork chops dry then add oil, season with the seasoning blend in this recipe or your preferred blend of spices.
Place seasoned pork chops in the air fryer in a single layer and cook at 400°F (200°C) for 12 to 14 mins. 10 to 12 mins for thinner pork chops.
The internal temperature should reach 145°F to be considered fully cooked and safe to eat.
Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving.
Wondering how to serve? Here are some sides for pork chops
- Roasted vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts.
- Mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash.
- A salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- Steamed rice or quinoa.
- Sauteed apples or pears for a sweet and savory combination.
How to store and reheat
Store leftover pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the pork chops in the air fryer and cook at 375°F for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
Alternatively, you can reheat the pork chops in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat your air fryer.
- For best results, choose pork chops that are between ½ to 1 inch thick. Thicker pork chops will take longer to cook and may not cook evenly.
- Since there is no breading on the pork chops, it's important to season them generously with your favorite spices and herbs.
- Make sure to cook the pork chops in a single layer and leave some space between them. Overcrowding the air fryer can result in uneven cooking and a less crispy exterior.
- Don’t forget to flip the pork chops half way through cooking time to ensure both side cook evenly.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes after cooking to redistribute the juices.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes, you can use either boneless or bone-in pork chops for this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the thickness of the pork chops.
Yes, you can cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer, but you will need to adjust the cooking time. Increase the cooking time by 5-7 minutes and check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that they are cooked to 145°F.
No, you don't need to marinate the pork chops before air frying them. However, you can if you'd like to add additional flavor. Just be sure to pat the pork chops dry before seasoning and air frying them.
There are various other methods to cook pork chops such as in a skillet, in the oven or on a grill without breading. However, using an air fryer can result in a healthier and quicker cooking method.
Definitely, you can air fry other meats without breading, such as chicken, steak, or fish. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and seasoning to suit the meat you're cooking.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer pork chops no breading
- 4 pork chops (about 1 to 1 ½ inches thickness)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels
- Add oil, and seasoning blend. Toss to coat, ensuring all the pork pieces are coated evenly.
- Place seasoned pork chop in air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 12 to 14 mins flipping half way through.
- It’s fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches (145°F / 63°C) Check for doneness with a meat thermometer and add more time if needed.
- Let it rest for 3 mins before serving. (Kindly refer to blog post for serving suggestions)
- No need to preheat the air fryer, if you do preheat, these will likely cook in less time. Adjust the timing accordingly.
- Thicker pork chops will take longer to cook.
- Pat the pork chops dry to ensure the seasoning stick.
- Do not stack meat in the air fryer. Cook in batches if needed.
Did you make this air fryer pork chops with no breading recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.