How does an easy one pot dinner recipe sound to you? This air fryer, sausage and potatoes meal is all that and more! Well seasoned potato cubes, onions and smoked sausages never tasted so good.
This is one dish your family would love. With a few ingredients and less than 30 mins and you are done and dinner is ready to be served. No need to turn on the oven or stove I promise.
An easy potatoes and sausage in air fryer recipe
Overall this is one of the easiest sausage and potatoes recipes for dinner out there. The air fryer does amazing with meats and potatoes from these hot dogs and potatoes to our favorite air fryer meatball and potatoes recipe and because it never disappoints, we are always looking for the next thing to make in our air fryer.
Why you’ll love this air fried sausages and potatoes recipe.
Potatoes and sausage are one pan dinner recipes that can be made in the air fryer. Even if you don’t have one. A sheet pan will suffice to make it in the oven. Same recipe but longer time but still delicious.
Flavorful: Polish sausage and potatoes recipes are always packed full of flavor. Kielbasa sausage is fully cooked and crisps up nicely in the air fryer evident by our popular Air fryer Kielbasa recipe
What are the best potatoes for this recipe
Actually any potato would work for this recipe including sweet potatoes. You can choose from baby potatoes to full grown waxy potatoes and starchy potatoes.
It’s important to note that the type of potato used would determine the texture and length of time it will take to cook this kielbasa sausage and potatoes meal.
Baby potatoes and starchy potatoes like russets and gold potatoes would cook faster than waxy potatoes like red potatoes and yellow potatoes.
Which sausage should I use?
Fully cooked sausages like Kielbasa are great for this recipe since they add a unique smoky flavor to the meal. Other cooked sausages like Jimmy Dean and Hillshire farms sausages are amazing too.
You can also use raw sausages like Italian sausages or Brats though you would need to add raw sausages in arlier than with fully cooked sausages.
- Kielbasa sausage
- Russet potatoes
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Dry parsley
- Use different kinds of sausages
- Switch up the seasoning and use your favorite seasoning blend.
- Use a different type of potatoes
How to make air fried potatoes and sausage
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Prepare potatoes: Wash potatoes, peel and cut into cubes. Transfer to a bowl, add chopped onions, oil and seasoning. Mix till potatoes and onions are coated with seasoning.
Air fry: Transfer seasoned potatoes and onions into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 mins. Shaking the basket halfway through.
After 15 mins, add slices kielbasa sausage the air fried potatoes and onions. Continue to cook for 6 to 8 mins.
You can throw in some veggies like carrots and broccoli to make it even healthier. Below are a few variations we’ve tried and loved.
- Easy Air fryer sausage, potatoes and peppers
- Air fryer sausage, potatoes and green beans.
- Crispy Air fryer Kielbasa sausage and veggies
- Shrimp, sausages and potatoes in the air fryer.
How to store and reheat
This is a great make ahead recipe to add to your air fryer meal prep recipe idea. To store, let the food cool completely then store in portioned air tight meal prep containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Follow the steps below to reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Microwave: Place sausage and potatoes in a microwave safe plate and microwave on high at 30 secs intervals for up to 90 secs or until warmed through.
Reheating in the air fryer: Transfer potatoes and sausage to the air fryer basket, set temperature to 350°F / 180°C and air fry for 3 to 5 mins or until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- Cut the potatoes into equal sizes so they cook evenly.
- The onions should be cut in large chunks so that they don’t slip through the holes in the basket and also so they don’t burn
- Don’t like fully cooked and slightly charred onions you can add the onions when you add the cooked polish sausage.
- If using raw sausages, add it in when the potatoes have cooked for 5 mins instead of when they have cooked for 15 mins.
Can You cook raw sausages in an air fryer?
Definitely you can. Actually the air fryer is one of the best kitchen appliance to cook sausages. From breakfast sausages to dinner Franks, if you haven’t tried cooking sausages in air fryer, you are definitely leaning mouth watering deliciousness on the table instead of your tummy.
Are smoked sausages fully cooked?
Though most smoked sausages are fully cooked, like hot dogs you still need to warm them up before eating. To be sure which of sausage you are buying, please look for the ingredients list on the packaging of the sausages you buy.
Can I cook slice sausages in an air fryer?
We cook sliced sausages in the air fryer all the time. These air fryer Kielbasa sausages were sliced before air frying.
How long does it take to air fry Potatoes?
Whole potatoes will take anywhere from 40 to 45 mins to cook in the air fryer while cut up potatoes take 22 mins depending on the type of potatoes. Waxy potatoes take longer to cook than starchy potatoes
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram andww use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer sausage and potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Russet potatoes (washed and peeled)
- 1 lb Smoked kielbasa sausage (Cut into large chunks)
- 1 Medium onion (chopped into large chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- Cut potatoes into cubes, Transfer to a mixing bowl, add chopped onions, oil, and seasoning.
- Toss to combine till potatoes and onions are well coated.
- Transfer seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket and air fryer at 400°F / 200°C for 15 mins be sure to shake basket halfway through cooking time.
- After 15 mins, add the chopped sausage and cook for another 8 mins at same the same temperature.
- Sprinkles some dry parsley and Serve immediately.
- You don’t have to peel the potatoes. If you do prefer unpeeled, be sure to scrub the skin properly. Organic potatoes maybe a better option if you want the skin on.
- if using baby potatoes, you don’t need to peel. Simply wash and cut each into 2
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.