My favorite crack green beans recipe will be shared today. This delicious side dish of old fashioned green beans with bacon reminds me so much of our Air fryer Brussel sprouts and bacon recipe. Easy to make, quick, delicious and most importantly no need to turn on your stove or oven, are you sold on that yet? Wait there’s more, this healthy side dish is suitable for a variety of diets which include but not limited to Gluten free, Low carb and Keto diet.
Air fryer Crack green beans Recipe (Arkansas green beans)
Crack green beans is a southern delicacy which seems to go by a few other names like Arkansas green beans and old fashioned green beans with bacon. I’ve scored the web searching for the difference and I haven’t been able to find any. All three seem to have the same ingredients which I would be listing in the next few sub headings.
In this recipe I used fresh Green beans, you can also substitute with frozen or canned green beans and it will still turn out delicious.
Why this recipe is so good
You’d need to try this so you can totally get my drift. These are really delicious and made in the air fryer.
Easy: This is as easy as 123. A perfect beginner friendly recipe anyone can make.
Tasty: You know how everything tastes better with bacon. this green beans with bacon recipe is no differentZ
Family friendly: This is winning air fryer side dish that pairs with a lot of recipes. Everyone loves it. We always look for ways to incorporate veggies and this is one of them.
Pantry staples: Requires a few ingredients that you most likely already have your pantry.
Related: Smothered green beans recipe, air fryer bacon wrapped radishes
- Green beans
- Salt / Soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Sugar free brown sugar (optional)
- Use Frozen or Canned green beans: Fresh green beans can be substituted with frozen green beans or canned green beans. If you decide to do so, you would need to precook them bacon because the frozen green beans or canned beans would cook in a shorter time than the fresh green beans. Remember to cook frozen green beans straight from frozen.
- Crumbled Bacon: You can substitute bacon with bacon crumbles especially for the reason above.
- Tamari soy sauce: substitute soy sauce for Tamari to keep it gluten free. Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce are some other great soy sauce substitutes.
- Sweetener: This is optional. You can skip it. You can also use regular brown sugar. I like to use this low carb brown sugar if I must use a sweetener.
How to make crack green beans in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the exact measurements of the ingredients and instructions.
Place green beans in a bowl. Add seasoning ingredients and toss to coat before mixing in the bacon.
Transfer to air fryer basket and cook at 400°F / 200°C till bacon is fully cooked. Remember to toss with a spoon at 5 minutes intervals.
Variations of this recipe
- Cheesy Garlic green beans: Baked green beans with Parmesan and melty mozzarella cheese. This can be made with or without the bacon
- Smothered Garlic Butter Green beans: green beans air fryer in garlic butter sauce.
- Garlic Parmesan Green beans recipe: Roasted green beans coated with Parmesan cheese.
Recipes that pair well with green beans
This is one vegetable that’s very versatile. Below are a few ways we like to serve and enjoy it.
- Air fryer Boneless chicken thighs
- Mashed potatoes
- Air fryer steak bites
- Cauliflower mash
- Air fryer frozen chicken breast
- Marinated chicken thighs in air fryer
- Air fried boiled chicken thighs
How to store
Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in refrigerator in an air tight container. I do not recommend freezing this recipe. You can reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Reheating in the microwave: place in microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 secs intervals till warmed through.
In the air fryer: reheat at 360°F / 180°C for 2 to 3 mins or until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- Do not overcrowd the basket: The recipe as it is fits a 5.8qt air fryer comfortably. However, it can be doubled and if do so, you would need to cook in batches.
- Toss the food with a silicon spoon at 5 minute intervals for even cooking and to prevent the green beans from burning.
- Do not thaw: If cooking with frozen green beans, precook the bacon and cook frozen green peas from frozen. Do not thaw or it would too mushy.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use canned or frozen green beans?
Yes you can. If you choose to use those, you would need to precook the bacon halfway before adding the green beans.
How can I make this in the oven?
To make this in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C / Gas mark 4. Prepare ingredients, transfer to a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 mins or until bacon is fully cooked. Toss the food in the dish half way through cooking time.
More air fryer side dishes you’d love
- Air fryer vegetables
- Roasted whole sweet potatoes in the air fryer
- Air French fries
- Ham fried rice
- Air fryer Tater tots
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Remember to use the Star Rating ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment to show how much you loved it! Also please tag & follow @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram. We’d love to see your recreations of our recipes!
Air fryer Crack green beans recipe (Arkansas green beans)
- Cosori Air fryer
- Silicon spoon
- Mixing bowl
- 1 lb Fresh green beans (cleaned, cut in thirds with the ends snipped)
- 6 strips of bacon (cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar free brown sugar substitute or regular brown sugar (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoons Tamari soy sauce (substitute with ¼ teaspoon of salt see note 1)
- Place green beans in a bowl. Add soy sauce (or just salt if not using soy sauce) salt. Mix the garlic and brown sugar substitute m. Add mix to green beans then toss to coat.
- Add bacon to seasoned greens beans. Mix to combine. then transfer to air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 15 to 17 mins. Tossing every 5 minutes with a silicon spoon to ensure even cooking.
- Let it rest for a minute before serving.
- If using the soy sauce, leave out the salt. You can adjust with salt if needed.
- You can also make this recipe without soy sauce. It will still tastes delicious
- Remember to use Tamari soy sauce to keep it gluten free.
- This recipe can also be made in a cake pan that fits the air fryer basket.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.