Air fryer brussel sprouts with bacon is a great and easy recipe that’s perfect as a holiday side dish and all year round. These tiny cabbages are keto friendly and low carb making this a recipe that cuts across many diets. If you’ve been around here long enough you must have noticed how much we love bacon and any bacon related foods. This easy air fried brussel sprouts recipe will totally knock your socks off! Literally!
Air fryer brussel sprouts with bacon recipe
Brussel sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables to add to most recipes or to use as a side dish to compliment rice, chicken and potato recipes.
It’s a healthy vegetable that’s rich in
Related: Air fryer Brussels sprouts, Bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts, Air fryer Bacon recipes
Why you’ll love this recipe
Easy: These are super easy to make and beginner friendly. Requires no special skills other than tossing ingredients together and dumping them in the air fryer to do its job.
Family friendly: We love this easy side dish. The bacon adds a delight to a very simple dish
Healthy: This can be classified as a healthy dish especially if you are following the keto way of eating.
Though these can be made with just two ingredients, Brussel sprouts and bacon. I like to season the sprouts before wrapping. Hence the extra ingredients listed below alongside the two main ingredients.
- Brussels sprouts
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
How to make Air fryer Brussel sprouts with bacon
Wash brussels sprouts, cut off stem and remove outer leaves. Cut into halves. Sprinkle on salt, garlic powder and black Pepper (if using)
Transfer to air fryer basket. Chop up bacon and add it to the air fryer basket. Toss together with a silicon spoon.
Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 mins or until bacon is crispy and sprouts tender. Remember to toss every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
If using Parmesan cheese, sprinkle some in the last minute of cooking.
How to store
Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this recipe.
Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave or air fryer
What to serve it with
This easy side dish is best served with your favorite mains. Depending on your dietary needs, you can serve these with the following
- Chicken wings
- Potatoes or Radishes
- Chicken thighs
- Rice or pasta
- Air fryer Chicken breasts, Air fryer Frozen chicken breast
- Mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer.
- For this recipe use a silicon spatula to turn food around. It’s better than shaking the basket.
- Do not overcrowd the basket
- To chop bacon, let it sit in the freezer for 2 minutes. It’s easier to cut cold bacon.
- If you find that the salt and pepper are not sticking to the Brussels sprouts, a little spritz of oil should fix that. Just a little bit because the bacon would still release some oil that’ll coat the sprouts as they cook.
Should you cut Brussels sprouts in half before cooking?
This would depend on the recipe you are making. I cut Brussels sprouts in half when making air fryer Brussels sprouts and for this air fried Brussel sprouts recipe. However I leave it whole when I make bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts.
Can you eat Brussels sprouts raw?
Yes you can eat Brussels sprouts raw. Just like Cabbage you can add it raw to salads or coleslaw
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer fish and chips
- Pasta chips in the air fryer
- Air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple
- Crispy air fryer bacon
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer Brussel sprouts with bacon recipe
- Air fryer
- Silicon spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts (washed and trimmed)
- 6 strips bacon (cut in 1 inch slices)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Cut Brussels sprouts into equal halves. Transfer to a bowl, add salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix to coat.
- Transfer seasoning sprouts to air fryer basket, Add the chopped bacon into the basket and toss with a silicon spoon to mix all the ingredients together.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 mins tossing every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. It is cooked when sprouts are tender and bacon crispy.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the Brussels sprouts with bacon in the last minute of cooking time.
Try to cut the Brussels sprouts into equal sizes so they cook evenly
Place bacon in the freezer for about 2 mins for easy chopping.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.