This air fryer bacon wrapped green beans recipe is what you need if you're looking for a delicious and easy appetizer or side dish to serve at your next dinner party, Juicy tender green bean bundles wrapped in crispy bacon is the best way to say welcome home.
This easy air fryer recipe is perfect for any occasion and is sure to impress your family and friends. If you’d like to try this recipe read along and find out how to make it in easy steps.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans Recipe
- 2 Why this recipe is so good
- 3 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 4 How long to cook
- 5 How to air fry bacon wrapped green beans
- 6 What to serve with
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer bacon recipes
- 11 Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans
Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans Recipe
One of our favorite things to make in our air fryer are bacon wrapped appetizers from air fryer bacon wrapped tater tots to air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes, air fryer bacon wrapped Oreos yes! And everything in between.
You are sure to love this Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans too. They are a hit with everyone because they combine the crispiness of bacon with the freshness of green beans.
They're also a great alternative to deep fried foods, as they're healthier and more flavorful. If you’d rather not wrap the bacon around a bunch of green beans, you can try our air fryer green beans with bacon aka Arkansas green beans in air fryer
Related: Air fryer Brussel sprouts with bacon, air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers
Why this recipe is so good
- It's a crowd-pleaser: Who doesn't love bacon-wrapped anything? This dish is sure to be a hit with your guests.
- It's a healthier option: The air fryer cooks the bacon and green beans and drains off the grease, making it a healthier option than deep frying.
- It's easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this dish on the table in no time.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Fresh green beans
- Thin bacon
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Sweetener of choice from Brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. This optional.
How long to cook
Cooking air fryer bacon wrapped green beans is a breeze. It takes only 15 minutes to cook, so you can easily whip up a batch before your guests arrive.
How to air fry bacon wrapped green beans
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- Season the green beans then wrap 6 green beans with a ½ a slice of bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped green bean bundles in the air fryer basket seam side down.
- If using sweetener, brush it on the bacon.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is caramelized and crispy and the green beans are tender.
What to serve with
Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans are a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of dipping sauces. You can serve these with ranch dressing, Honey mustard, or bbq sauce
They're also a great side dish for grilled chicken, steak, or seafood. You should try this Air fryer boneless chicken thighs, air fryer lemon pepper chicken thighs, Air fryer haddock, air fryer salmon bites or even frozen chicken wings in air fryer.
How to store and reheat
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, simply place them in the air fryer at 350°F (180°C) for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat
- Use fresh green beans for the best flavor and texture.
- Make sure the bacon is wrapped tightly around the green beans to prevent them from unraveling.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket, as this can affect the cooking time and texture.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
The use of Sweetener in this dish is optional. You can use either honey, maple syrup or even a low carb brown sugar substitute however you can also make these without any sweetener and it will still be delicious.
It's best to use fresh green beans for this recipe, as canned green beans can be too mushy and affect the texture of the dish. However if you must use it you will need to drain and pat dry. Then precook the bacon before wrapping it around the green beans
You can use turkey bacon if you prefer a this option. However it may not turn out the same texture wise.
Yes, you can bake these in the oven at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the green beans are tender.
You do not need to blanch the green beans. Though some people do this, I think it’s a matter of personal preference especially if you are cooking this in the air fryer.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer bacon recipes
- Air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple
- Air fryer crispy bacon
- Air fryer twisted bacon
- Air fryer bacon wrapped radishes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- Mixing bowl
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer bacon wrapped green beans
- Cosori Air fryer
- 1.2 lb Fresh green beans (About 48 greens)
- ½ Pound bacon (8 slices)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon oil (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar free brown sugar substitute or regular brown sugar (optional)
- Cut off tips of green bean and cut bacon slices into 2
- Toss green beans in oil and season with salt, garlic and black pepper
- Wrap 6 green beans with each ½ bacon strip. Transfer to air fryer basket placing it seam side down.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the green of brush with honey or maple syrup.
- Set temperature to 380°F (190°C) and air fry for 12 to 15 mins or until bacon is caramelized and crispy and the green beans is tender.
- Let it rest for a minute before serving.
- You will need a little over a pound of green beans for this recipe.
- Pat green beans dry to help seasoning stick to beans if using oil
- The oil is optional but it will also help the seasoning stick better
- No need to preheat.
- Place the bundles Seam side down
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!