Air fryer hot dogs and potatoes is one of our go to dinner recipes that can also double as breakfast. Well seasoned crispy potatoes and Hot dogs cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
This is a super easy recipe that requires minimal prep and serves as a delicious ‘one pot’ air fryer meal that’s packed full of flavor, one your family would love.
Table of Contents
Air fryer hot dogs and fried potatoes
Dinner style hot dogs are a perfect match in this air fried hot dogs and potatoes recipe. You can definitely use regular hot dogs too, which by the way are perfect in the air fryer? Cooking hot dogs in the air fryer is one of the best air frying decisions I made. Seriously.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Crispy Texture: Air frying hot dogs and potatoes helps achieve that crispy texture we crave.
Compared to pan frying hot dogs and potatoes, air frying requires less oil and the food isn’t sitting in grease as it cooks. The use of less oil makes air-fried hot dogs and potatoes a healthier option, without compromising on taste or texture.
Quick and Convenient: Air fryers are known for their speed and convenience. They preheat quickly and cook food faster than traditional oven.
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Dinner style hot dogs
- Russet potatoes
- Red onions
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Dry parsley
- Black pepper
How long to cook
Air fryer hot dogs and potatoes take about 22 to 25 mins to cook at 400°F (200°C) in a non preheated air fryer.
For more cooking times download our free printable air fryer cooking chart!
How to make it
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Cut potatoes into 1½ inch cubes, transfer to a ziplock bag add chopped onions and seasoning.
Shake to combine. Transfer to air fryer basket
Air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 15 mins, shaking basket halfway through. Then add chopped hot dogs.
Continue cooking for another 8 mins. Serve with your favorite sides.
What to serve with
Hot dog and potatoes can be served with your favorite dipping sauces such as ketchup, bbq sauce, sriracha mayo and more.
Breakfast: Serve with air fryer omelette with a side of coleslaw or baked beans.
How to store and reheat
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply let the food cool down completely before storage.
To reheat, transfer to the air fryer basket and reheat at 400°F (200°C) for 3 to 5 mins or until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer to make this recipe.
- Cut the potatoes into equal sizes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Cut the onions into larger chunks than I cut mine so they don’t fall through the holes of the basket.
- Air fry the potatoes onions together first till before adding the hot dogs.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes you can use any other type of fully smoked sausages like pork kielbasa, chicken or Turkey kielbasa. You can also use raw sausages but bear in mind that the cooking time will be different. In this case, add the raw sausages at the beginning.
Hot dogs are fully cooked so you don’t need to precook the them. Just add them 8 to 10 mins towards the end of the cooking time as stated in this recipe.
I used russet potatoes for this recipe. I have also used baby potatoes, red potatoes and tri-colored potatoes.
It is important to note that waxy potatoes like red potatoes tend to take longer to cook than starchy potatoes like russets. There expect a longer cook time for waxy potatoes than for starchy potatoes.
Absolutely, however, you would to defrost first. We have a post on cooking frozen hot dogs in air fryer. You can check it out for more details.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
- This recipe was made using the Gourmia air fryer. The exact model I used is no longer readily available. This is the one that’s currently available. I also use the Cosori air fryer often to make recipes shared here at Air Fryer Yum
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Sharp Knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Chopping board
- Ziplock bag
- Silicon spatula
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
Air frying hot dogs and potatoes delivers a combination of crispy texture, healthier preparation, and quick cooking, resulting in a satisfying and enjoyable meal. Hope you get gi try it out.
And if you found this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’. Remember to share this recipe with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer hot dogs and potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Russet potatoes (washed and peeled)
- 1 lb Hot dogs (Cut into large chunks)
- 1 Medium Red onion (chopped into large chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- Cut dinner style hot dogs into 2 inch slices, set aside and proceed to cut potatoes into 1 ½ inch cubes. Place
- Transfer potato cubes into a ziplock bag or mixing bowl, add the chopped onions, oil, and seasoning blend.
- Toss to combine till potatoes and onions are well coated.
- Transfer seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket and air fryer at 400°F / 200°C for 15 mins be sure to shake basket halfway through cooking time.
- After 15 mins, add the hot dog slices and cook at the same temperature for another 8 mins or until the potatoes are fork tender and the hotdogs are warmed heated through with slightly charred edges.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley and serve immediately with eggs, fried peppers or any side of your choice.
- No preheat needed.
- Cut potatoes into larger chunks than I did in mine. Most of my chopped fell through the holes in the basket. They were still delicious when I retrieved them.
- You don’t have to peel the potatoes. If you do prefer unpeeled, be sure to scrub the skin properly. Organic potatoes maybe a better option if you want the skin on.
- If using baby potatoes, no need to peel. Simply wash and cut each into halves.
Did you make this air fryer hot dogs and potatoes recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.