Fluffy delicious air fryer omelette for breakfast, what’s not to love? Cooking omelette in the air fryer is super easy and the best part is that it’s almost mess free.
Table of Contents
- 1 Fluffy air fryer omelette recipe
- 2 Why this recipe works
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 How long to cook omelette in an air fryer
- 5 How to make air fryer omelette
- 6 Can you make omelette without a pan?
- 7 What to serve with omelette
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips for a nice and fluffy air fryer omelette
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Air fryer omelette
Fluffy air fryer omelette recipe
Air fryer omelette is one of my favorite breakfast recipes to make. I like that it is easily adaptable based of the various fillings you’d love in your eggs. We love to use air fried bacon bits, leftover ham, cheese, milk vegetarian including mushrooms.
If you are wondering if you can actually make an omelet in an air fryer, read along and I’ll show you in easy steps how we do it. This is a perfect air fryer recipe for college students and one kids would love as well.
This recipe and technique works in any air fryer from the Cosori 5.8qt, Cosori dual blaze instant vortex, Gourmia to the Ninja air fryer. The only thing you might need to do is adjust timing as some air fryers tend to cook hotter than some.
Why this recipe works
- It's quick and easy to make, perfect for a busy morning.
- The air fryer makes the omelette fluffy and moist.
- It's a healthy breakfast option as it uses less oil.
- You can customize it with any fillings you like, making it versatile and perfect for picky eaters. This is a great way to use up leftover ham, chicken or Turkey.
- It's a great option for people who live in small apartments, RVs or dorm rooms without a stove.
- Ham chunks, bacon bits or any meat of your choice (optional)
- Bell peppers
- Pepper flakes
- Cheese (optional)
- Black pepper
- Oil to grease the pan
How long to cook omelette in an air fryer
As always air fryers differ in how they cook so the length of time it takes to cook an omelette in that air fryer can depend on certain factors which include temperature you cook, if preheated or not, the quantity of eggs being cooked.
My air fryer omelette typically gets ready in 8 to 10 mins at 350°F without preheating. To ensure that the omelette is fully cooked and not undercooked or overcooked, keep an eye on it and check it by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean then it’s ready,
Alternatively use a digital thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the omelette reaches at least 160°F (71°C)
How to make air fryer omelette
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
In a medium-sized bowl, crack eggs add milk, salt, pepper diced ham, onions and vegetables. Whisk all ingredients to combine.
Pour the mixture into a greased 6 inch baking pan. Cook in the air fryer at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, or until the omelette is cooked through.
Serve hot with your favorite breakfast sides.
Can you make omelette without a pan?
Depending on the type of air fryer you have you can make an omelette without a pan. Air fryers like the Cosori dual blaze and Gourmia have removable inserts that allow you to use the air fryer without the insert.
In such air fryers you can cook the omelette in the air fryer basket. You can also use a glass dish instead of a pan if you prefer.
How to store and reheat
Store any leftover omelette in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
To reheat in the air fryer, simply place the omelette in the air fryer basket and cook at 350°F for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Reheat in the microwave at 20 secs intervals till warmed through.
Air frying Tips for a nice and fluffy air fryer omelette
- No need to preheat the air fryer to make an omelette
- Use a non-stick cooking spray or brush the basket with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Experiment with different fillings, such as spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, or bacon, to find your favorite flavor combinations.
- Slide a silicone spatula around the omelette when cooked to help ease it out of the pan.
- For an extra crispy texture, you can use Parmesan cheese instead of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle a little grated Parmesan cheese on top of the omelette in the last minute of cooking.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes you can. However I would recommend you start checking for doneness from 6 minutes. (No preheat)
I make my omelettes in the air fryer without preheating. If you preheat yiu will need to adjust the time accordingly.
Yes, you can use plant based egg substitutes such as just eggs. Simply follow the same measurements in this recipe but leave out the animal products to keep it plant based.
Yes you can make air fryer egg white omelette with this recipe. You will need need 1 cup of egg whites for this recipe since 1 egg is equal to a quarter cup of egg white from a carton or 2 egg whites from 2 whole eggs.
I don't recommend freezing an omelette because texture and flavor may be affected.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make an air fryer omelette. It's a simple and delicious breakfast that's perfect for busy mornings. Don't be afraid to experiment with different fillings to find your perfect combination!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer omelette
- Cosori Air fryer
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons ham
- 1 Tablespoon onion (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon green bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (Add more to taste. You can use up to ½ teaspoon) see note 2
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheese (cheddar cheese or anyone you like)
- 1 Tablespoon spring onions (to serve)
- Grease a 6 inch baking pan with oil and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, chopped onions, ham, bell peppers, salt and red pepper flakes, black pepper to the eggs then whisk to combine.
- Pour into the greased baking pan and air fry for 8 to 10 mins. Top with cheese in the last minute of cooking if using.
- Use spatula to slide the omelette out of the pan and serve with your favorite sides like bacon. Please refer to blog post for more options.
- No need to preheat
- The salt needed will depend on your taste. I recommend you start with ¼ teaspoon for an omelette with adding that are high in salt content like ham or bacon. If making plain omelet, you can use up to ½ teaspoons of salt.
- You can switch up your seasoning by adding some garlic powder or any other seasoning you like.
- Use only fully cooked mix ins for your air fryer omelette.
Did you make this air fryer omelette recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.