Meatballs and potatoes are one of our favorite dinner recipes. Juicy meatballs and fluffy cubed potatoes is an easy, quick and flavorful one pot meal made right in your air fryer. You can take it up a notch with the addition of veggies like carrots and peas or whatever vegetables you prefer. This easy dinner recipe is worth a try.
Air fryer Meatballs and Potatoes Recipe
Meatballs and potatoes are some of the foods the air fryer cooks to perfection, a great weeknight meal that’s packed full of flavor and gets ready in less 15 mins.
You can make the meatballs from scratch or use precooked frozen meatballs to make the process even quicker. I usually have Costco frozen meatballs in the freezer for those days when I can’t make meatballs from scratch either because I don’t have any ground beef at home to make from scratch or I forgot to pull out frozen ground beef from the freezer.
Why you’ll love this recipe
There are many reasons why we love this recipe and we kinda feel you’d love it too.
Quick and easy: Dinner is ready in less than 30 mins
Picky eater approved: This is a winning recipe with the kiddos. They love it.
Few ingredients: Minimal ingredients no hassle just deliciousness
What you’ll need
- Frozen precooked meatballs
- If making meatballs from scratch you’ll need
- Ground beef
- Potatoes (Irish, russet, Idaho etc) cut into cubes
How to make meatballs and potatoes in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with full recipe and instructions.
Making the meatballs from scratch
Mix all the meatball ingredients together till just combined. Scoop out to form balls 2 Tablespoons per meatball. Set uncooked meatballs aside.
Season the cubed potatoes and place in the air fryer. Cool at 400°F / 200°C for 5 mins, shake basket then add ½ of the uncooked meatballs to that potatoes in the air fryer, cook for 5 mins flip and cook for another 5 - 7 mins or until internal temp of meatball is 165°F / 74°C and the potatoes are fork tender.
Using frozen meatballs
Season the cubed potatoes, place in the air fryer and roast at 400°F / 200°C for 7 mins shake or flip potatoes then add the frozen meatballs in the basket and cook for another 8 mins. Let it rest for 2 mins before serving
How to serve
Meatballs and potatoes can be served with gravy or marinara sauce. Or surf a side of veggies.
Variations and Optional add-ins
They are many ways to dress up this air fry meatballs and potatoes. Below are our Add veggies like carrots and peas. Zucchini, broccoli etc.
Meatballs and Potatoes in tomato sauce
Cooked in delicious tomato or marinara sauce then topped with cheese and baked or broiled in the air fryer or oven.
Cheesy baked potatoes and meatballs
Cooked in bechamel sauce and topped with cheese.
Meatballs and potatoes casserole
Slices of potatoes baked with meatballs topped with cheese.
How to store
This recipe is best eaten on the day it’s made however if you must, you can make up to 2 days ahead and stored in an air tight container for 2 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat in the air fryer at 400°F / 200°C for 3 to 5 mins
- Irrespective of if you are making from scratch or using frozen precooked meatballs, you will start to cook the potatoes first.
- You can use any type of meatball for this recipe. Chicken and Turkey meatballs would work perfectly.
- If making from scratch, use a meat thermometer to ensure the meatballs.
- Do not overcrowd the basket, cook in batches if needed.
What is the internal temperature for fully cooked meatballs?
The internal temperature of fully cooked meatballs is 165°F / 74°C.
Can I cook meatballs and potatoes in the air fryer?
Yes you can do so. That’s what this recipe is all about.
How long does it take to cook this recipe
Though all air fryers are different, on the average it would cook any where from 15 to 20 mins.
More meatballs and potatoes recipes
- Parmentier potatoes
- Air fryer meatball skewers
- Juicy air fryer meatballs from scratch
- Air fryer steak potatoes
- Sweet potato fries in the air fryer
- Air fryer breakfast potatoes
- Reheating fries in the air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Meatballs and potatoes in the Air fryer
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- 2 lbs potatoes (washed and cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
For homemade meatballs from scratch
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
For the frozen meatballs
- 1 lb of frozen precooked meatballs
Meatballs from scratch
- Mix all the ingredients for meatballs together.
- Mold the mixture into balls using 2 Tablespoons per meatball. Set aside on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Then toss cubed potatoes in oil add salt and garlic. Transfer ½ of the coated potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F / 200°C for 5 mins toss potatoes then add ½ of the meatballs and continue cooking for 10 to 12 mins or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°F / 74°C
- Repeat with the remainder of potatoes and meatballs.
Making it with frozen meatballs
- Place coated potatoes in air fryer basket and roast at 400°F / 200°C for 7 mins, flip potatoes to the other side then add frozen cooked meatballs to the basket and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 mins or until the meatballs are warmed through and the potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.