Air fryer green beans and mushrooms are a delicious and healthy dinner recipe that’s super easy to make. It’s not only packed with flavor, but it's also loaded with essential vitamins and nutrients that’s good for you.
This is also a good way to use up leftover veggies in the refrigerator to make a quick and tasty side dish in the air fryer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer green beans and mushrooms with onions recipe
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 How long to cook green beans and mushrooms in the air fryer.
- 5 How to make air fryer green beans and mushrooms
- 6 What to serve with this recipe
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer vegetable recipes
- 11 Air fryer green beans and mushrooms
Air fryer green beans and mushrooms with onions recipe
I particularly like how versatile this recipe is, it can be served as a side dish with your favorite protein, or it can be enjoyed as a vegetarian main dish. If you love sauteed green beans and mushrooms then this is for you.
Whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this green beans and mushrooms recipe is sure to become a household favorite. So grab your apron and let's get cooking!
Related: Air fryer Arkansas green beans
Why you’ll love this recipe
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and delicious side dish to add to their meal.
Green beans and mushrooms are both nutrient-dense vegetables that are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
It's a crowd-pleaser: Whether you're serving this dish to your family, friends, or guests, it's sure to be a hit. The combination of green beans and mushrooms is a classic pairing that appeals to a wide range of palates.
- Green beans
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How long to cook green beans and mushrooms in the air fryer.
These were cooked in 12 minutes at 380°F. It's best to check on the vegetables halfway through the cooking time and give them a quick toss or shake to ensure even cooking.
Please note that cooking time may vary depending on the size and quantity of the vegetables, the type and brand of the air fryer, and personal preference.
How to make air fryer green beans and mushrooms
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
In a mixing bowl, combine the trimmed green beans, sliced mushrooms, chopped onions oil and seasoning Toss to coat evenly.
Place the seasoned green beans and mushrooms in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook the green beans and mushrooms in the air fryer at 380°F for 10-12 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly crispy. Make sure to shake the at 5 mins intervals to ensure even cooking.
Once the vegetables are cooked to your liking, remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving dish. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to serve with this recipe
Green beans and mushrooms with onions are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a variety of main dishes. Here are some of our favorites
- Chicken such as Air fryer boneless chicken thighs, frozen chicken wings in air fryer, lemon pepper chicken thighs
- Fish such as air fryer salmon, air fryer haddock, air fryer trout
- Pasta: Toss the green beans and mushrooms with your favorite pasta dish. This pink sauce pasta is a must try.
- Serve the green beans and mushrooms over a bed of quinoa or brown rice for a healthy and hearty side dish.
How to store and reheat
Let the vegetables cool down completely before transferring to an airtight container or a zip-lock bag. Seal the container or bag tightly and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
You can reheat in the microwave or air fryer. To reheat in the microwave, place the veggies in a microwave safe plate cover and microwave on high for 30 to 50 secs or until heated through.
To reheat in the air fryer, transfer green beans and mushrooms into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 3 to 5 mins or until warmed through. Remember to toss the vegetables halfway through to ensure even reheating.
Air frying Tips
- Make sure to trim the ends of the green beans and cut to equal sizes before cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
- For the best flavor and texture, use fresh green beans and mushrooms that are firm and and not discolored
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking. Cook the vegetables in batches if needed.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and browning. This will also prevent the vegetables from sticking together.
- Switch up the seasoning to suit your taste. You can add things like thyme, Cajun seasoning and more to elevate the taste.
- Air fryer Green beans and mushrooms are best served immediately after cooking while they are still warm and crispy.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
It's best to use fresh vegetables for this recipe for the best taste and texture.
Frozen vegetables may release more moisture during cooking, which can result in a less crispy texture.
If you use frozen veggies adjust cooking time accordingly by adding more time.
No, you do not need to preheat. However if you do, it may take a shorter time than stated in their recipe. Kindly adjust the cooking time according.
Absolutely! I used cremini also known as baby Bella mushrooms. Feel free to experiment with different types of mushrooms, such as, portobello, shiitake, or oyster mushrooms, to see which ones you prefer.
Sure! Green beans and mushrooms go well with a variety of other vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, or cherry tomatoes. Just make sure to cut them into similar-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
This recipe is already vegan, but you can customize it by using your favorite vegan seasoning and oil options.
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later. However, note that reheating may cause the vegetables to lose some of their texture.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this green beans and mushrooms in the air fryer
Air fryer Green beans and mushrooms with onions is a delicious and healthy recipe that’s packed full of flavor and can be enjoyed as a side dish or a main course. I hope you try this recipe and that it encourages you to include more vegetables in your meals.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer green beans and mushrooms
- 1 lb green beans
- 8 oz mushrooms
- ½ Medium onions
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt (add more to taste)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Remove the tips of the green beans, then cut green beans into 2 or 3 pieces or your desired size.
- Slice mushrooms into 1 ½ inch chunks.
- Transfer green beans, onions and mushrooms into a bowl, add the oil and seasoning. Toss to combine ensuring that all the vegetables are well coated.
- Transfer seasoned veggies to the air fryer and air fry at 380°F for 10 to 12 mins or until tender and crispy to your liking. Shake the basket or stir with a silicon spoon at 5 mins intervals.
- When the air frying cycle is complete and you like the texture of your veggies, serve with your favorite main course.
Did you make this air fryer green beans and mushrooms recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.