Air fryer bacon cinnamon rolls! Nothing beats soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls with crispy bacon for breakfast! The good thing is that these are merged together in this bacon stuffed cinnamon rolls resulting in a mouthwatering treat that offers a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors.
The sweetness added by the glaze and cinnamon sugar filling is reminiscent of candied bacon but even better because of the warm, soft pillowy cinnamon rolls around it.
Seeing that you love easy air fryer breakfast ideas, you should try this breakfast biscuit bombs and air fryer French toast next. If you are a bacon lover, this collection of air fryer bacon recipes and bacon wrapped appetizers are for you and I know you’ll love this BBQ bacon meatloaf too!
Table of Contents
- 1 Bacon cinnamon rolls recipe
- 2 Why this recipe is so good
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make bacon cinnamon rolls in air fryer
- 6 How long to cook bacon cinnamon rolls in the air fryer
- 7 What to serve with air fryer bacon cinnamon rolls
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 More easy air fryer recipes
- 11 Air fryer bacon Cinnamon rolls
Bacon cinnamon rolls recipe
This is a delightful twist on the classic cinnamon roll recipe, where crispy bacon is rolled into the dough along with the cinnamon sugar mixture before baking. It is then enjoyed as a breakfast or a special treat.
While you can make air fryer bacon cinnamon rolls from scratch with homemade dough, using canned cinnamon rolls make this comforting breakfast even easier. Simply cook the bacon, unwrap the cinnamon rolls (regular size or grands cinnamon rolls would work here).
Why this recipe is so good
- Taste is everything! We love that bacon cinnamon rolls combine the savory flavor of bacon with the sweet and delightful taste of cinnamon rolls making it irresistible.
- Super easy to make and the use of refrigerated cinnamon rolls makes it even easier and super quick.
- Family friendly and easy to share: this is a fun idea that you can make for breakfast or brunch to share in family gatherings or with friends.
- Comfort Food: Both bacon and cinnamon rolls are comfort foods on their own, and when combined, they create a doubly comforting and indulgent treat. The warm, gooey, and aromatic nature of cinnamon rolls, paired with the crispy and salty goodness of bacon brings a smile around the table.
Yes, you can use homemade cinnamon roll dough if you prefer. Just make sure to incorporate the bacon filling into the dough before rolling and baking it.
The best bacon to use here is the one you enjoy most. While I used regular cut bacon in this recipe, thick cut bacon or Turkey bacon would work as well.
Definitely, the bacon is cooked prior to using it so thick bacon would work and may even outshine the regular cut with respect to texture.
Precooking the bacon is recommended when making bacon cinnamon rolls. Precooking the bacon ensures that it becomes crispy, which not only enhances its texture but also helps to release some of the excess fat. Crispy bacon adds a delightful crunch to the rolls and prevents them from becoming too greasy during baking.
Absolutely! If you don’t eat pork or prefer a leaner option, turkey bacon or vegetarian bacon alternatives can work well with cinnamon rolls.
Didn’t get an answer to your question? Please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
- Grands cinnamon rolls: I’ve made these with Pillsbury cinnamon rolls Annie’s organic cinnamon rolls or any store bought brand I find. You can use regular sized cinnamon rolls for this as well.
- Regular cut bacon aka streaky bacon: While I used strips of bacon for this bacon cinnamon rolls, you can easily use this air fryer bacon crumbles too. Just add the bits on the unrolled cinnamon rolls, roll up and bake.
How to make bacon cinnamon rolls in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Cook the bacon till crispy but but not so crispy it snaps. Usually takes 8 mins at 400°F (200°C) in my Cosori air fryer. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to catch the grease.
Open the can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, separate the rolls then unroll each cinnamon roll wits the filling side facing up. These will now become strips.
Place two cooked bacon pieces end to end on the unrolled cinnamon rolls for Grands and Annie’s cinnamon rolls. Use one piece of cooked bacon for regular sized cinnamon rolls.
Roll it back up enclosing the bacon inside the dough. Then arrange the bacon filled cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket or tray leaving some space in between each roll.
Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 8 mins flip and continue for another 3 to 4 mins ( for Grands). Cook for 8 mins flipping half way through for regular size cinnamon rolls.
How long to cook bacon cinnamon rolls in the air fryer
The cooking time for bacon cinnamon rolls in an air fryer can vary depending on the brand and model of the air fryer, as well as the size and thickness of the rolls. However, as a general guideline, you can follow these steps:
For Grands cinnamon rolls: cook these at 350°F (180°C) for 8 mins then flip and cook for another 2 to 4 mins.
For Regular cinnamon rolls: cook at 350°F (180°C) for 4 mins then flip and cook the underside for 2 to 3 mins or until cooked through.
Keep in mind that air fryers can vary in cooking times, so it's essential to keep an eye on the rolls while they're cooking to avoid overcooking. The key is to ensure that they are golden brown and cooked through, but still soft and moist inside.
What to serve with air fryer bacon cinnamon rolls
Bacon cinnamon rolls are a delicious treat on their own, but you can enhance the dining experience by serving them with complementary items. Here are some ideas for what to serve with bacon cinnamon rolls:
Fresh Fruits: Serve the bacon cinnamon rolls with a side of fresh fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, or sliced bananas.
Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream on the side can add more fun to this recipe.
Yogurt: A bowl of yogurt with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup pairs well with bacon cinnamon rolls.
Scrambled Eggs: For a heartier breakfast or brunch option, serve bacon cinnamon rolls alongside some fluffy scrambled eggs or air fryer omelette. It would remind you of a McDonald’s breakfast of bacon egg and cheese McGriddle
How to store and reheat
Allow to Cool: After baking the rolls, let them cool completely to room temperature before storing.
Wrap or Seal: Wrap the bacon cinnamon rolls tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. Ensure they are well-sealed to prevent them from drying out or absorbing other odors in the refrigerator.
Refrigerate: Store the wrapped or sealed rolls in the refrigerator. They can typically last for up to 3 to 4 days when stored properly.
Arrange the bacon cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between each roll. Set temperature to 350°F (180°C) and air fry for 3 to 5 mins or until warmed through.
If you prefer a quicker option, you can reheat individual rolls in the microwave. Cover a single roll with a damp paper towel and microwave it on a microwave-safe plate for about 15-30 seconds, or until warm.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat
- Cook the bacon until it's crispy to ensure a pleasant crunch and full flavor. You should also pat the bacon with paper towels to remove excess grease before adding it to the cinnamon rolls.
- Make sure to roll up the bacon-filled cinnamon rolls tightly to prevent any unraveling during baking. This will help keep the bacon and cinnamon sugar mixture inside the dough.
- Use the icing provided in the package, and apply it to the warm cinnamon rolls. Freshly applied icing will melt slightly and create a delicious glaze that complements the flavors.
- Get creative with your toppings and fillings. Consider adding other ingredients like chopped nuts, a drizzle of maple syrup, or a cream cheese frosting with bacon crumbles to customize your bacon cinnamon rolls.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer bacon Cinnamon rolls
- Cosori Air fryer
- Perforated Parchment paper
- Cookie spatula
- 1 Can Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls (Grands)
- 10 Strips Bacon
- ¼ cup glaze
- Cook the bacon till crispy but but not so crispy it snaps. Usually takes 8 mins at 400°F (200°C) in my Cosori air fryer.
Prep the refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Open the can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, separate the rolls then unroll each cinnamon roll wits the filling side facing up. These will now become strips.
- Place two cooked bacon pieces end to end on the unrolled cinnamon rolls for Grands and Annie’s cinnamon rolls. Use one piece of cooked bacon for regular sized cinnamon rolls.
- Roll it back up enclosing the bacon inside the dough. Then arrange the bacon filled cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket or tray leaving some space in between each roll.
- Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 8 mins flip and continue for another 3 to 4 mins ( for Grands). Cook for 8 mins flipping half way through for regular size cinnamon rolls.
- Drizzle glaze over the rolls and serve warm. Kindly refer to blog post for more serving suggestions.
- Use perforated parchment paper for easy of flipping and to remove the need to spray some oil on the basket
- Flip the cinnamon rolls over after 8 minutes and cook for another 3 to 4 mins to ensure the underside cooks as well.
- Air fryers cook definitely it’s ok to cook for more or less time than indicated in the recipe if you need to start checking at 6 minute if making it for the first time.
- If you find that sugar glaze that comes in the can difficult to spread, pop it into the microwave without the metal lid and nuke for 2 to 5 seconds to soften it to a spreadable consistency
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.