Air fryer French bread pizza is one of the easiest and comforting busy weeknight dinner recipes to make. An all time favorite with kids and adults alike. Topped with gooey cheese, pepperoni or any other topping of your choice, pizza night just got lit and if this isn’t comfort food at its best, I don’t know what is.
If you haven’t tried making French bread pizza in the air fryer, come along and I’ll show you how to in super easy steps.
Just like this air fryer pizza toast, all you need is a few ingredients that pizza lovers usually have at home and in just 5 mins you have a nice meal ready to be served with your chosen accompaniment.
Table of Contents
- 1 Easy Air fryer French bread pizza
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 4 How long to air fry French bread pizza
- 5 How to make French bread pizza in the air fryer
- 6 What to serve with French bread pizza
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer recipes
- 11 Air fryer French bread pizza
Easy Air fryer French bread pizza
We just got off making frozen garlic bread in air fryer the other day and here we are, making one of our favorites, air fryer French bread pizza.
This is also happens to be one of our soon to be college student’s top 10 things to cook in an air fryer so yes older kids can make these and the younger ones can help with toppings with adult supervision.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Crispy, crunchy crust: The air fryer makes the French bread pizza crust super crispy and crunchy, giving it that perfect texture that everyone loves.
- Customizable toppings: You can customize the toppings to your liking, making it a great recipe for picky eaters or for using up leftover ingredients.
- Quick and easy: With an air fryer, you can have dinner on the table in 10-15 minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
- Kid-friendly: Kids love pizza, and French bread pizza is a fun and easy way to get them involved in the kitchen.
- Pizza is always a family favorite that’s picky eater approved.
How long to air fry French bread pizza
The cooking time for air fryer French pizza may vary depending on the thickness of the crust, the toppings, and the size of your air fryer.
It typically takes about 6 to 7 minutes to make French bread pizza in a non preheated air fryer and this includes the time it will take to toast the bread.
Bearing in mind that air fryers are different, keep an eye on it and add more time as needed.
How to make French bread pizza in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- Cut the French bread loaf in half lengthwise and then slice it into four pieces. Brush on some oil or melted butter on the cut surface.
- Toast bread in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 3 to 4 mins then Spread pizza sauce over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Add your desired toppings and continue air fry for another 3 to 4 mins or until the cheese is melted.
What to serve with French bread pizza
- Salad: A simple side salad is a great way to balance out the richness of the pizza.
- Garlic bread: If you have extra French bread, you can make garlic bread to go with your pizza.
- Dipping sauce: Ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or garlic aioli are all great dipping options for your pizza.
How to store and reheat
Store any leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.To reheat, place the pizza slices in the air fryer and cook at 350°F for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- If you like a bit of crisp and crunch to your crust then you need to toast the bread first.
- No need to preheat your air fryer to toast the bread.
- Experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination. However don’t overload the pizza with toppings
- You can use any sauce besides traditional pizza sauce for the pizza including bbq sauce, ketchup, Ranch etc
- Serve the pizza immediately to ensure that it's crispy and delicious.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
You can use any bread that you have on hand. We’ve make naan bread pizza, pizza toast and even pizza crackers often and we love it. If you’d be using any other type of bread it would be as delicious but technically speaking it wouldn’t be French bread pizza 😉
Here’s are a few things you can do,
1. Make sure to press the toppings into the cheese before putting the pizza into the air fryer.
2. Air fry the pizza topped with only cheese for a minute to melt the cheesecake slightly. This will act as edible glue then stick the pepperoni on the cheese.
3. You can also place a rack over the pizza to keep the toppings from flying around.
These should solve the issue.
While you can freeze the pizza, the texture may not be as crispy when you reheat it. It's best to enjoy the pizza fresh or store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can use a toaster oven instead of an air fryer. Simply follow the same instructions and bake the pizza in the toaster oven at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
Yes, you can cook frozen French bread pizza in the air fryer. Here’s what to do, remove frozen pizza from packaging no need to thaw. Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 6 to 7 mins. The toppings tend to burn easily so keep an eye on it as it cooks.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer French bread pizza
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
The Bread base
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Oil or butter (Softened or melted)
- ¾ cup Pizza sauce or bbq sauce
- 1 ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 28 Pieces Pepperoni
Toast French bread
- Split the French bread to open it up then cut each piece across to fit the air fryer basket.
- Spread butter on the cut surface slice each piece of bread. Place the bread in the air fryer basket, buttered side up.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 3 to 4 mins. Flip bread slices to over
- Spread pizza sauce on the bread, then top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Air fryer instructions
- Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 3 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving board, slice and serve.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer. However bear in mind that subsequent batches will likely toast faster because the air fryer was preheated while the first batch was toasting.
- Use your favorite toppings.
Did you make this air french bread pizza recipe Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.