You’ve just got an air fryer and you’ll wondering where to start. As always, we're here to help. Here are 10 top things to cook in an air fryer especially for newbies. Guess what number 8 is one of our favorites.
Whether you are looking to eat healthy, low carb meals or you want to share some air fryer recipes for college students with your kids, we’ve got you covered here at Air fryer yum. Don’t leave without checking out our air fryer cooking chart, air fryer beginner friendly recipes and of course signing up for our weekly newsletter.
Table of Contents
How an air fryer works
The air fryer works by circulating hot air rapidly around food as it cooks. This air fryer technology paired with the compact space in which it cooks food mimics the texture of deep fried foods. These types of fries were all made in the air fryer.
The fact that you can get something similar to deep fried foods with less calories is what has made air fryers very popular. This is why air fryer canned potatoes get a nice crispy exterior.
These Air fryer recipes are
- Quick easy to make! No need to turn on your oven.
- Tasty and packed full of flavor. Yum!
- Family friendly
- Some are Packed full of heathy fats (Hello Salmon!)
- Healthier since you use minimal oil
Top 10 things to make in an air fryer
3. How to reheat pizza in the air fryer
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air frying Tips
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking especially if your air fryer doesn't have automatic preheat.
- Do not overcrowd the basket or tray when cooking. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket or flip food during cooking at least half way through to ensure even cooking. Some recipes may require you shake 3 to 4 times, so be sure to read through the recipe you are following.
- It's okay to take a peek multiple times to check your food. The only exception would be if you are baking a cake.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes you can cook frozen foods in the air fryer. The best frozen french fries and steak fries I've eaten was made in the air fryer. You can also cook frozen foods such as these air fryer frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer.
You'd be surprised at the amazing foods you can make in your air fryer. Potatoes are some of the best things that you can make in your air fryer. Our air fryer potato recipes can attest to that. You should also check out this air fryer bacon grilled cheese and this air fryer eggs, bacon and toast recipe.
Tools used in most air fryer recipes
- Air fryer: Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- This recipe was made using the Gourmia air fryer. The exact model I used is no longer readily available. This is the one that’s currently available. I also use the Cosori air fryer often to make recipes shared here at Air Fryer Yum
- Instant vortex air fryer oven. You can get yours here.
- Mixing bowl
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Digital instant read Meat thermometer
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
If you try a recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this article on the top 10 things to cook in an air fryer helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Did you make this air any of these air fryer fish recipes? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.