If you’re wondering the different types of fries you can make in the air fryer, you are in the right place. We have a good amount in different shapes and sizes and guess what the air fryer makes some of the best French fries, home fries, cottage fries and potatoes in general. Let’s get into it
Table of Contents
Can you cook fries in the air fryer?
Absolutely, you can cook fries in an air fryer. In fact, air fryers are great for cooking fries because they can produce crispy fries without the need for as much oil as traditional frying methods.
To cook fries from frozen. Simply place frozen fries in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 10 to 15 mins shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
For fresh fries, cut the potatoes into fry shapes soak in water for about 30 mins, rinse, pat dry. Toss them with a little bit of oil and seasoning, and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook the fries at around 400°F (200°C) for 18-20 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fries and the size of your air fryer. When they are done, take the fries out and season them with additional salt or other seasonings to taste.
Related: Air fryer potato recipes, Top 10 things to make in an air fryer
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Different types of fries you can make in the air fryer.
1. Air fryer Cottage fries
2. Air fryer sweet potato fries
3. Air fryer steak fries
4. Air fryer Fish and Chips
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
5. Air fryer frozen curly fries
6. Air fryer Potato slices
7. Air fryer frozen French fries
8. Air fryer baby potatoes
9. Air fryer home fries
10. Air fryer fingerling potatoes
11. Air fryer potato wedges
12. Air fryer frozen waffle fries
13. Air fryer frozen crinkle fries
14. Air fryer rainbow potatoes
15. Air fryer smiley fries
16. Air fryer potatoes and onions
17. Air fryer parmentier potatoes
18. Air fryer Tater tots
19. Air fryer frozen sweet potato fries
21. How to reheat fries in an air fryer
What to serve with all types of fries
Fries are a classic side dish that pairs well with a variety of foods. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with fries
- Chicken: Fries are a classic accompaniment to air fried chicken drumsticks, especially if you're looking for a comfort food meal.
- Sandwiches: Fries are a great side for sandwiches, including air fryer bacon grilled cheese, paninis, and subs. You can also throw in another side like salads.
- Grilled or roasted meats: Fries pair well with grilled or roasted meats like steak, chicken, or pork chops.
- Fish and seafood: Fries are a common side dish for fish and seafood dishes, such as fish and chips or jerk shrimp.
- Burgers: Fries are a classic side dish for burgers, and the combination is a favorite for many. They are also a great side for hot dogs, whether they're served on a bun or not.
How to store and reheat fries
Let the fries cool completely before storing them. This helps prevent excess moisture from building up, which can make them soggy. Store fries in an airtight container or resealable bag to keep them from being exposed to air, which can also make them soggy.
To reheat put in the air fryer and reheat at 400°F (200°C) for 3 to 5 mins or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- Unlike the oven, you do not need to preheat the oven before cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray.
- Shake the basket often. I recommend every 5 mins in most cases.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Sweet potato fries are generally considered to be healthier than regular fries because sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and fiber, and they have a lower glycemic index than regular potatoes.
However, it's worth noting that sweet potato fries are often coated in a similar batter as regular fries, so they may not necessarily be low in calories or fat.
To make your fresh fries crispier, try soaking them in cold water for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This helps to remove excess starch and moisture from the potatoes, which can make them crispier when air fried.
You can also try coating the fries in a little bit of cornstarch before frying, which can help create a crispy exterior.
Frozen fries can be just as good as fresh ones, especially if you cook them properly.
Look for frozen fries that are made from whole potatoes and don't contain any added preservatives or chemicals.
Cook frozen fries at 400°F (200°C) for 10 to 15 mins shaking the air fryer basket at least halfway through cooking time.
Air fryer recommendations and tools used.
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- Air fryer: Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- Cosori dual blaze air fryer
- Instant vortex air fryer oven. M
- Mixing bowl
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Digital instant read Meat thermometer
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer round up recipes
- Air fryer chicken recipes
- Air fryer bacon recipes
- Air fryer vegetarian recipes
- Air fryer recipes for college students
- Mother’s day air fryer recipes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this collection helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Did you make this air any of these air fryer fish recipes? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!