If you’ve ever wondered if you could cook frozen salmon in air fryer appliances, this Air fryer frozen salmon recipe is for you. It’s easy, tasty and gets ready in about 15 minutes.
Perfectly cooked Salmon that can pair with your favorite side dishes of greens, potatoes, rice or this sumptuous air fryer marinated vegetables recipe.
Do you love a healthy fish dinner? Please read along and find out how we air fry salmon from frozen in easy steps with a few ingredients and no need to thaw.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer frozen Salmon Recipe
- 2 Cooking frozen salmon in air fryer is
- 3 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 4 Ingredients and substitutions
- 5 How long to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
- 6 How to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
- 7 What to serve with this recipe
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 Frequently asked questions
- 11 More frozen fish recipes
- 12 Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
Air fryer frozen Salmon Recipe
If you’ve ever asked the question “Can you cook frozen salmon in air fryer?” This easy frozen fish recipe is for you! It fits perfectly into a low carb, keto and pescatarian diet.
We have salmon at least twice a week and you won’t believe most of the time it’s cooked from frozen not only because we forget to get it out but also because it’s so convenient. You literally season and air fry with no need to thaw.
It turns out perfect every time and honestly it’s so good. However, if you have already thawed fish, we’ve got you covered cos our easy air fryer Salmon and air fryer Salmon bites are always a hit!
More seafood recipes: Air fryer Haddock fillets with no breading, Air fryer Cajun Shrimp recipe, air fryer jerk shrimp
Cooking frozen salmon in air fryer is
- Quick and easy: Air frying Frozen salmon fillets is super easy and quick too.
- A Healthier option: Salmon is a healthy fish that’s high in protein and rich in omega 3 fatty acids. It’s nutrient dense and a great addition to the family meal plan.
- Better than deep frying: You can use little or no oil for this recipe.
- Family friendly
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Related: Best frozen foods for air fryer, air fryer frozen foods chart.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Frozen Salmon fillets
- Cajun seasoning
Feel free to switch up the seasoning to your preferred herbs and spices. Old bay seasoning, lemon pepper or any of your favorite store bought or homemade Salmon seasoning will work.
How long to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
The average time to cook frozen salmon in air fryer is 12 to 15 mins at 400°F / 200°C. However this is a guide as cook time will depend on certain factors which include the following
- The thickness of the salmon: thicker salmon will take longer to cook. A handy meat thermometer comes into play here if you are not sure. The internal temp of fully cooked salmon is 145°F / 63°C.
- The temperature at which it is cooked: Obviously if you cook frozen salmon at 350°F / 180°C it will take a longer time to cook than if you cook at 400°F / 200°C so adjust time accordingly.
- The wattage of the air fryer: Air fryers vary a 1700 watt air fryer will cook faster than a 1400 watt one. Ninja foodi, Cosori, Instant pot vortex, and Gourmia are some of the air fryers with higher wattages.
How to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Mix Salmon seasoning with oil to form a marinade and set aside,
Brush frozen salmon fillets with marinade generously on both sides.
Transfer seasoned fish to air fryer basket,
set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 12 to 15 mins or until internal temperature reaches 145°F / 63°C
What to serve with this recipe
Salmon is a versatile fish that can be eaten as is or served with green vegetables, potatoes, rice, salads and more. Below are some of our faves.
Vegetables: Judging by the salmon recipes on Air fryer Yum, you know green beans is one of our favorite sides to pair with salmon. However there are many more veggies that go very well with salmon! Brussel sprouts, radishes, air fryer beets, air fryer butternut squash.
Potatoes: you can never go wrong with potatoes as sides for salmon and we’ve got a lot for you to choose from. Air fryer potatoes and onions, air fryer baby potatoes, air fryer mini hasselback potatoes, air fryer frozen French fries, air fryer frozen sweet potato fries, air fryer steak fries and more.
Rice: Salmon pairs well with rice dishes. This ham fried rice, Panda Express copy cat and white rice are amazing.
How to store and reheat
Let cooked salmon cool completely before storing in a clean and dry air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat place in the air fryer and set temp to 350°F / 180°C and air fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until warmed through.
You can also reheat in the microwave at 30 secs intervals until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- Cook from salmon from frozen, no need to thaw.
- If it’s frozen and icy, you can deglaze thru frozen fish fillets by running them under the tap to remove the ivy layer, then Pat dry with paper towel before brushing with oil and seasoning.
- You do not need to flip the salmon. However if using frozen salmon with skin, you may want to flip for a crispy skin.
Frequently asked questions
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
You do not need to thaw salmon before air frying. Simply follow the instructions in this recipe and you’ll be enjoying a delicious salmon dinner in about 15 mins.
Yes you can and it’s super easy.
I cook frozen salmon in my non preheated air fryer for 12 to 15 mins at 400°F / 200°C. It would take a little longer at a lower temp. Therefore if cooking at 350°F / 180°C it would take 15 to 18 mins in a non preheated air fryer.
You don’t have to flip salmon in the air fryer.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More frozen fish recipes
- Air fryer frozen fish fillets
- Frozen tilapia in air fryer
- Air fryer fish sticks
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- 3 Frozen salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- Mix the seasoning with oil till combined . Set aside.
- If Salmon is icy, run under tap water to deglaze then Pat Salmon fillets dry with paper towels.
- Brush marinade generously on both sides of the fillets.
- Place seasoned Salmon fillets in air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 12 to 15 mins.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- Deglaze fish fillets if it’s icy. Then pat dry with paper towel before seasoning. This will ensure the seasonings stick.
- Use Parchment paper for easy clean up
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!