Air fryer fish recipes! Fish happens to be one of the healthier sources of protein especially when it’s fish with no breading. The air fryer cooks fish to perfection from frozen fish to fresh fish and it yields delicious consistent results every time. No over cooked or undercooked fish but fully cooked, tender, flakey fish packed full of flavor.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you cook fish in the air fryer?
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 These Air fryer fish recipes are
- 4 Common Ingredients
- 5 Beginner friendly Air fryer fish recipes
- 6 How long to cook fish in the air fryer
- 7 How to air fry fish
- 8 What to serve with Air fryer fish
- 9 How to store and reheat air fryer fish
- 10 Air frying Tips
- 11 FAQs
- 12 More air fryer round up recipes
Can you cook fish in the air fryer?
Yes you can cook fish in the air fryer. The air fryer cooks fish perfectly. You’ll get tender flakey fish in less time than you would in the oven. You also don’t need to Stand over the stove to make pan fried or deep fried fish.
If you have an air fryer, don’t be scared to use it for fish. Especially mild tasting fish that don’t have a strong fishy odor. One piece air fried fish is all you need to convince you how good air fryer fish is.
These Air fryer fish recipes are
- Quick easy to make! No need to turn on your oven.
- Tasty and packed full of flavor. Yum!
- Family friendly (if no one is allergic)
- Part of the Pescatarian diet and we’ve got Air fryer Pescatarian recipes for you as well.
- Packed full of heathy fats (Hello Salmon!)
- Healthier since you use minimal oil
- Fish of all types
Beginner friendly Air fryer fish recipes
Air fryer recommendations for fish
How long to cook fish in the air fryer
The length of time to cook fish in the air fryer depends on a few factors. The size of the fish, the temperature at which it is cooked, if the air fryer was preheated or not, the brand of air fryer used and the thickness of the fish (fillets or whole fish)
I usually cook my fish at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 mins in a non preheated air fryer. If you preheat it will likely get ready in 8 to 10 mins.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
How to air fry fish
- Rinse fish, pat it dry with paper towels
- Season as per recipe.
- Place fish in the air fryer basket and set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 10 to 12 mins in a non preheated air fryer flipping half way through to ensure even cooking.
What to serve with Air fryer fish
There are a variety of sides to serve with air fried fish. From veggies to fries. Below are some of our favorites.
How to store and reheat air fryer fish
Fish can be made ahead and can keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored properly. Ensure fish cools down completely before storing in an air tight container. You can also freeze cooked fish for up to a month without loss in taste.
Reheating fish in the air fryer is easy! Place fish in the air fryer basket
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- Do not overcook the fish
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Can you cook frozen fish in air fryer?
Yes you can cook frozen fish in the air fryer whether breaded or not. Simply place the fish in the air fryer and cook till cooked through usually takes 12 to 15 mins depending on size of the fish.
How do you know when fish is done.
You can know when fish is done by using a digital thermometer or by color or texture if the fish. If using a thermometer, the internal temperature should be at least 145°F / 63°C. If going by texture and color, cooked fish is firm, and flakes easily with a fork with a paler color than when fresh.
Tools used in most air fryer fish recipes
- Air fryer: Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- Instant vortex air fryer oven. You can get yours here.
- Mixing bowl
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Digital instant read Meat thermometer
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this collection helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Did you make this air any of these air fryer fish recipes? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.